Faculty of Economics and Business
Faculty of Economics and Business Universitas Gadjah Mada (FEB UGM) formulates its mission of becoming an educational institution dedicated to excellent teaching, quality research, and community services to prepare graduates with high integrity and strong knowledge beneficial to the society. In accordance with its mission, the Faculty established International Undergraduate Program (IUP) to promote international networking and to prepare its graduates to meet the global challenges.
IUP FEB UGM consists of 4-years undergraduate program in Accounting, undergraduate program in Management, and undergraduate program in Economics. IUP offers interests in Accounting Information System, Management, Financial Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Strategic Management, Human Resources Management, Management Information System, and Economics.
The IUP curriculum includes community service, a program held by Universitas Gadjah Mada to develop leadership skills and to contribute to society especially that is in underdeveloped regions. The community service helps student sharpen their problem-solving and teamwork skills.
In addition to preparing the graduates who are ready to play important role in the global market, IUP sets requirement to broaden students' international academic exposure. In order to get Sarjana (Bachelor) degree, they are required to experience at least one of the international Academic Exposures, such as: double degree program, student exchange program, or short-term academic program.
Further information, please contact us at:
Office of Admission
Undergraduate Program, 1st floor East wing
Faculty of Economics and Business UGM
Jl. Sosio Humaniora, Bulaksumur Yogyakarta
T: +62 274 548 510 ext. 123
F: +62 274 580 727
M: +62 811 250 05 05
International Undergraduate Program Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Computer Science International Undergraduate Program (CS-IUP)
Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Universitas Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta
In response to fast-paced progress in information and communication technology (ICT) and increasing global and national demands for ICT professionals, the Computer Science International Undergraduate Program is established in Universitas Gadjah Mada starting in academic year 2011/2012. The program offers overseas as well as Indonesian students an opportunity to study and obtain their Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with international standard and excellent curriculum.
The curriculum allows students to select one from four specializations: computation, intelligent systems, computer systems and networks, and information systems and multimedia. Each specialization is backed up by a research lab, where lecturers specializing in that area and students collaborate in an invigorating research environment.
In order to complete their study and obtain a degree, a student must have passed at least 144 credits of courses. The courses are divided into three categories: core (105 credits), specialization (15 credits) and elective. Both core and specialization courses are mandatory. The core courses are common to all specializations.
Students are required to take a 3-credit community service and a 6-credit thesis in the final stage of the program. The community service is a program where students are put in a real work setting for a certain duration of time equivalent to a minimum of 288 hours. The standard completion time of the program is 8 semesters (4 years).
To be an internationally well-known and nationally leading faculty in education, research, and community-service activities and to produce graduates who are competent in their field, literate in information technology, entrepreneurial and competitive nationally and internationally.
The mission of the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences is:
- To carry out frontier research-based education in mathematics and natural sciences, up to post-graduate programs, with world-class and potential graduates by developing all departments and study programs.
- To carry out world-class fundamental and applied researches in an integrated manner to promote science and technology development for the nation’s and society’s welfare by developing all departments and research groups.
- To increase the faculty’s role in industry, information and communication technology, energy, environment, health and economy so that stakeholders may cooperatively develop and apply mathematics and natural sciences.
- To increase the faculty’s role as a valuable institution for society through activities that employ mathematics and natural sciences for propping up society’s welfare and well-being both in material and spiritual aspects.
- To make the faculty as a service center for research, training and consulting in mathematics and natural sciences and their applications.
- To realize the faculty as a good governance institution in order to support UGM as a self-sufficient university.
GOAL AND OBJECTIVE OF CS-IUP ESTABLISHMENT
The CS-IUP commits to provide students with an education of the highest possible quality. There is essential policy of the program in terms of developing a program that provides resources to help students to be competitive in pursuing their future careers. In line with the Faculty's vision and mission, the general goals and objectives of Computer Science International Undergraduate Program are to:
- Expand and reshape portfolio of the CS-IUP’s services to higher quality and internationally competitive educational programs.
- Drive CS-IUP’s position in international market of higher education in computer science.
- Meet international market demands for internationally oriented graduates.
- Strengthen the nation (especially UGM) competitiveness.
The International Undergraduate Program
Chemistry Program, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Universitas Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta
- The prosperity of modern societies is partly based on the far-reaching achievements of Chemistry. Progress in this discipline enables innovations in medicine, agriculture, energy, and in almost all manufacturing sectors of industry and materials for everyday use. With it, chemistry contributes to the improvement of the quality of life of people.
- QUICK FACTS
- The Chemistry Department which is nationally leading and internationally recognized in education, research, and community services has responsibility to prepare qualified graduates having excellent knowledge and skills in Chemistry, capability to manage international collaboration and competition, as well as motivation to achieve the prosperity of mankind. The Department of Chemistry was established on September 1, 1960 and then achieved its international reputation in a couple decades ago. The postgraduate programs were inaugurated in 1980. Now, it offers undergraduate, master, and doctoral programs.
- SUPPORTING STAFFS
- The department has 46 educative staff members, 34 of them are Ph.D. holders. Among the Ph.D. members, 25 have overseas Ph.D. degrees. Of them, 13 are professors and 17 associate professors. There are 8 educative staff members taking Ph.D. courses in overseas and domestic universities. It is supported by 32 quality technicians and administration staffs.
- The current curriculum offers 114 credit hours of core courses and 79 credit hours of elective courses. A candidate has to complete all 114 credit hours of the core courses and 30 credit hours of elective courses with GPA of at least 2.00 to be granted a B.Sc. degree. Likewise, M.Sc. and Ph.D. students have to compelete 40 and 16 course hours, respectively, with satisfactory GPA.
- QUALITY ASSURANCE
- To ensure quality programs, the undergraduate program has been regularly assessed by National Board of Accreditation of Higher Education (BAN PT) with grade ‘A’. In October 2009, it was also been assessed by ASEAN University Network QA. In addition, both M.Sc. and Ph.D. programs were also achieved ‘A’ quality. Department of chemistry had earned international accreditation from The Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) for the undergraduate program in March 2013.
- INFRASTRUCTURE AND FACILITIES
- The department occupies part of the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences buildings with total floor plan of 6000 m2. It has 4 research and teaching laboratories that are Physical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Inorganic Chemistry Laboratories and 1 undergraduate teaching laboratory for Basic Chemistry Laboratory Work and a Computational Chemistry Laboratory of Austrian-Indonesian Centre for Computational Chemistry (AIC). It is also equipped with an array of international standard of research equipments including AAS, UV-Vis, DTA-TGA, Electrophoresis, Potentiometer, Bomb Calorimeter, GC-MS, HPLC, H-NMR, IR, UV-VIS, TLC Scanner etc. In January 2010, it acquired a Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM), a major equipment to support qualified nano-research
- JOINT INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM
- Some staffs have various joint researches with international institutions such as Keio University, Chiba University, Hokkaido Universities, TUBS, etc. The department of chemistry has a collaborative educational with partner institutions in ASEAN through PARE program (populations, activities, resources and environments). The department is also actively involved in Excellence Center for Development (EXCEED) Cooperation, i.e. an international organization for sustainable water management in developing countries.
- RESEARCH AND PUBLICATION
- Research is one of the cores of the department advancement. Research is elaborated to support the advancement of science and its application, and to assist Universitas Gadjah Mada in pursuing its vision to become an internationally recognized research university. The staff members within the department develop 5 research groups consisting of Life Sciences, Industrial Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Material Chemistry, and Theoretical and Computational Chemistry. In the last five years, they published 141 papers in international journals. Some of the faculty members serve as editors and reviewers of international journals, and even as Scientific Adviser of IFS (International Foundation for Sciences), Sweden.
International Undergraduate Program Faculty of Psychology
Why Psychology at UGM?
Psychology is a study of mind, brain, and behavior, and is one of the most vibrant and rapidly changing field of study. The field covers a wide range of topics such as perception, thoughts, emotions, and actions –from infancy to old age– as well as social phenomena in group, organizational, educational, and cultural settings.
Our faculty offers excellent educational experience for our students to deepen their knowledge in psychology. In this faculty, we study the complexity of human behavior from various angles –from the bio-neurological to the socio-cultural. Our academic staffs are spearheading the national scholarships in the area of cognitive neuroscience, mental health, as well as indigenous psychology. As a leading psychology program in Indonesia, our faculty has attracted the most talented students from within the country and from around the world, who consider us their home. We pride ourselves for producing skilled graduates including researchers, practitioners, decision makers, and community leaders in a broad range of professional fields.
Why IUP Psychology?
The International Undergraduate Program (IUP) marks an important milestone of our 50-year contribution to society. As part of our commitment to prepare graduates to meet the global challenge of the 21st century, we invite spirited and passionate young people from different parts of Indonesia and from across the globe to be part of this exciting journey and make a difference in their local and global communities.
Curriculum Map of IUP is designed to be in line with the curriculum map of undergraduate program – the KP 2011 (Revised)- to ensure an equal graduate competency. Nevertheless, the curricular strength and uniqueness of IUP are achieved through two strategies: (1) International exposure which is based on credit-transfer system with partner universities, and (2) electives courses which is delivered either by domestic lecturers who have special skill on strategic field in 21st century, or foreign lecturers who conduct research and academic collaboration with the faculty.
Early in their career, students are encouraged to participate in many of our collaborative and competitive activities. Some are active in doing collaborative research projects in our two research centers –Center of Public Mental Health (CPMH) and Center of Indigenous and Cultural Psychology (CICP). Over the past 5 years, our students have presented their research papers and posters in international conferences in Philippines, Japan, Italy, Germany, and France.
In addition to producing students with a strong academic background in psychology, we encourage students to participate in extracurricular activities to enhance their leadership and organizational skills. We have a number of student organizations and clubs, which cover a range of different interests, including sports, journalism, politics, theater and arts, mountaineering, religion and spirituality, humanitarian acts, photography, and many more.
Further information, please contact us at:
International Undergraduate Program Bulding A, 2nd Floor, Room A215
Faculty of Psychology UGM
Jl. Sosio Humaniora Bulaksumur
Monday to Thursday : 07.30 am – 16.00 pm
Friday : 07.30 am – 11.00 am and 13.00 – 15.00 pm
+62 (274) 550435
+62 (274) 64981084
+62 (274) 550436
Follow us at:
International Undergraduate Program Faculty of Social and Political Sciences
The International Undergraduate Program in International Relations
Faculty of Social and Political Sciences
Universitas Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta
Department of International Relations, Faculty of Social and Political Sciences, Universitas Gadjah Mada administers International Undergraduate Program (IUP) to prepare students with academic competence for international engagement. The aim is however not merely to participate as a member of world society, but also and more importantly to bring about changes and transformation of the existing political, economic and social conditions into a better world. Indeed, the program is an endeavour toward a just, peaceful and civilised global society. Courses offered are structured along two main threads. Firstly, the courses are a set of studies on specific international relations related objects. Secondly, the courses are also about a specific way international relations is portrayed and a specific subject position on what kind a better future should be. In this respect, students will not be equipped with merely knowledge and skills, but the one that allow students to have critical attitude toward such conditions in international relations as injustice, inequality, poverty, environmental degradation and violence. Specifically, the program is to develop innovative and collaborative learning process in the study of international relations. It is also to promote problem solving-oriented research in this academic field. In addition its mission is to facilitate students oriented toward reflection, action and emancipation.
Brief Profile: IUP in IR
- Four-year undergraduate program in international relations, first initiated in 2011, admitting 35 students per cohort; named among most popular IUPs in UGM.
- Implementing independent and different approach for its admission with reference to regular undergraduate program.
- Cutting-edge curriculum, with strong emphasis on four foci of study: International Politics, International Security Studies, International Peace and Conflict Studies, International Political Economy, and Comparative Politics.
- Competence upon completion of study: diplomatic affairs, global business, academia, and journalism.
- Learning Process: Latest curriculum, small-size class (quota : 35 students), advisory service, English as primary medium of instruction.
- Learning Facilities: Reading bricks, subsidiary financial support for international exposure, fully-equipped class room.
OUR GLOBAL CLASSROOM
Dual Degree Program
Dual degree with Flinders University in Australia (2-1-1 program).
The student is awarded two degrees (undergraduate degree from Universitas Gadjah Mada & Flinders University).
Student Exchange Program (1-2 semesters) to reputable universities in all five main continents.
E.g : Sciences Po (France), La Trobe University (Australia), Malmo University (Sweden), National University of Singapore (Singapore), Freiburg University (Germany).
Summer Program, Short Course, Youth Exchange, Social Project (1-3 months).
E.g : Total Summer Camp, ASEAN in Today’s World, Program Pertukaran Pemuda Antar Negara by Ministry of Youth and Sport, De Keyser’s Projects.
Model United Nation (MUN), International Conference, International Competition (1-2 weeks).
E.g: the European International MUN, Harvard Model MUN, Asian International MUN.
CONTACT AND INFORMATION
Phone : (0274) 563362 Ext.145 ; (0274) 8 33333 0
Website : um.ugm.ac.id (for download online application) ; iupinir.fisipol.ugm.ac.id
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter : @IUP_HI_UGM
Facebook : Iup HI Ugm
International Undergraduate Program in International Relations UGM
Jl. Socio Yusticia Bulaksumur Yogyakarta 55281 INDONESIA
Office Hours :
Monday to Thursday : 08.00 am - 16.00 pm
Friday : 08.00 am - 11.00 am and 13.00 - 16.00 pm
The International Undergraduate Program in Public Policy and Management
Faculty of Social and Political Sciences
Universitas Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta
International Undergraduate Program in Public Policy and Management (IUP in PPM) is purposefully designed to respond new challenges in both local and national as well as global level. The program aims at arming students with knowledge and skills in three main areas, namely:
- Governance and Public Policy
This area of interest is designed to arm students with broad understanding and technical capacity as to how to make public policy, implement and evaluate it, as well as underpinning governance structure which structures its process. This area is highly dedicated for students who are specifically interested to be professional policy analyst and practitioners in public sector and international organizations.
- Public Management and Innovation
Managing public sector in new context requires professional practitioners with strong background in human resource management, organizational development, public service innovation, and knowledge management. International organizations, prominent internationally-linked government bodies, multinational corporations, and private sector are among the potential career options.
- International Development and Policy
This is a new area of interest which focuses on preparing students with international dimension of development. Prospective students who are interested in pursuing career path in international institutions, multinational corporations, international NGOs and high-profile governmental organizations are strongly recommended to focus in this area.
WHY IUP IN PPM?
IUP in PPM has every advantage students can expect for building a bright career as it offers curriculum which is locally embedded and globally connected. The courses will be delivered by distinguished professors with strong academic and professional background, able to bridge theoretical perspectives and real world necessities. It is the first program in public policy and management accredited by AUN (ASEAN University Network) and DAAD-DIES (German Academic Exchange Service) in Indonesia. The accreditation reaffirms the quality of education, not only in Indonesia but also in ASEAN and European standards.
Besides, IUP in PPM offers student opportunities to experience international exposure through one of the following tracks:
- Double degree program (one year in partner university)
- Student exchange or credit transfer (one to two semesters in partner university)
- Internship (three to six months in Indonesia-based international organizations, embassies, internationally-linked government bodies, donor institutions, international NGOs, or multinational corporations)
- International executive training or short course program in (one week up to three months in foreign countries)
The exposure is made possible by extensive network with international universities such as:
Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM) offers a safe and convenient location for studying and living with affordable living cost and rich multi-cultural atmosphere in Yogyakarta. From connection aspect, the city is widely connected to major regional hubs (e.g Kuala Lumpur and Singapore) and major Indonesian cities (e.g Jakarta, Bali, Balikpapan, Makasar).
PROSPECTIVE CAREER OPTIONS
Our curriculum consists of 3,5 to 4 years program that comprises of core and elective courses to cater basic knowledge and skills in public policy and management as well as the three areas of interest. The program structure is designed as follows:
- University compulsaries (5 courses, 15 credits)
- Faculty compulsaries (6 courses, 17 credits)
- Department compulsaries (17 courses, 68 credits)
- Area of interest (9 courses, 36 credits)
- Electives (3 courses, 9 credits)
The program offers wide variety of learning approaches and innovations, namely: full delivery in English, contemporary curriculum, student-centered and research-based learning, experiental learning, international exposure activities, and career development advisory.
Course materials, fully-equipped class rooms, e-learning facilities, studios/laboratories, library with access to international journals, student lounges, free high-speed internet access and student service office.
International Undergraduate Program in Public Policy and Management (IUP in PPM) Jl. Socio-Yustisia, Bulaksumur, Yogyakarta, Indonesia 55281.
+62 - 274 - 512700 ext. 200, +62 - 274 - 563362
+62 - 813 - 2511 - 5665
Facebook Fan Page:
Office Hours :
Monday to Thursday: 08.00 am - 04.00 pm
Friday: 08.00 am - 03.00 pm
International Undergraduate Program
Faculty of Law
Universitas Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta
Why Study at International Undergraduate Program Faculty of Law, Universitas Gadjah Mada
Law has an ever-increasing impact on modern-day society. The role of law is growing and developing within the context of international relations, national structures, and relationships between individuals.
The Faculty of Law has a long and well established tradition of legal education in Indonesia. This institution is well known as one of the oldest law faculties in the country and is recognized as one of the top faculties of law in Indonesia. The Faculty of Law, Universitas Gadjah Mada has educated lawyers in Indonesia for more than half a century. There are now around 1800 undergraduate and graduate students pursuing an excellent legal education within the Faculty. Providing instruction for these students is teaching staffs of over 80 whose expertise extend across nearly every aspect of law.
The IUP FH UGM aims at becoming an undergraduate program with an international orientation, the spirit of competitiveness, and is inspired by the five-point ideology of the Indonesian nation, the Pancasila.
- Conducting a higher education of law at the undergraduate level with an international standard;
- Producing experts of law with strong moral code, global insight, and the capability to compete at the international level for the benefit of the nation;
- Imparting knowledge, skills, and the culture of critical and analytical thinking necassary for the students to understand and aplly legal norms and regulations; and
- To collaborate with stakeholders in the country and related institution in international level.
Areas of Concentration
The IUP Faculty of Law UGM academically focuses on three innovative legal areas of concentration namely Business law, International Law, Constitutional Law. The distribution of concentration courses are as follows:
- Company Law
- Banking Law
- Agreement in the WTO
- Capital Market Law
- Insurance Law
- Competition Law
- International Human Rights Law
- International Dispute Settlement
- Law of Treaties
- Law of the Sea
- Diplomatic Law
- International Criminal Law
- Comparative Constitutional Law
- Legislative-Executive Relations
- Indonesian Judiciary
- Electoral Law
- Local Government Law
- The Presidency
The program requires 146 credits of courses, including fieldwork or internship and thesis. The standard duration for the program is 4 years comprise 8 semesters. Graduating from IUP Faculty of Law Universitas Gadjah Mada, a student will be granted of S.H. (Sarjana Hukum) equivalent with LL.B (Legum Baccalaureus).
- Dual Degree from Maastrich University (S.H., LL.B) and from Charles Darwin University (S.H., LL.B.)
- Exchange Program with Partners Universities (Erasmus University Rotterdam, University of Groningen, Utrecht University, University of Toulouse1 Capitole, Nagoya University)
- International Workshop and Seminar
- Intensive Legal Writing Course
- Visiting Professors
- Two times Internship in government offices, private offices & Prominent International offices
Contact & Information
Head of The Undergraduate Program
Dr. Heribertus Jaka Triyana, S.H., LL.M., M.A.
Secretary of The Undergraduate Program
Rangga Aditya Dachlan, S.H., LL.M.
Fadhilatul Hikmah, S.H., LL.M.
Ika Nilasari Saputri, S.Pd.
Academic Administrative Staff:
Bernadus Purnawan, S.S.
Martaningsih Adityas Putri, S.Pd.
Financial Administrative Staff:
INTERNATIONAL UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAM
FACULTY OF LAW
UNIVERSITAS GADJAH MADA
Jl. Sosio Yustisia No 1, Bulaksumur, Yogyakarta 55281
Phone & Fax: +62 274 541586, +62 274 512781
Hotline: +62 81227649600 (sms/call)
International Undergraduate Programme in Medicine
Faculty of Medicine
Universitas Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta
Established on 5th of March 1946, Faculty of Medicine Universitas Gadjah Mada (FM-UGM) has grown and developed rapidly over the years. FM-UGM has positioned itself to become a leading university in Indonesia, Asia and in the world.
Located in a campus with tropical climate, nice atmosphere and provided with various facilities that support education, research and community service, FM-UGM has 3 undergraduate programmes, 6 master level programmes, 20 specialization programmes, and 1 doctoral programmes.
Webometrics - 2014
First Rank in Indonesia
Ranked 12 best universities in South-east Asia
For International College University (4ICU) Asia Ranking
26th (2012); 53rd (2011)
First in Indonesia
THE-QS World University Rangking
in 2011: FK UGM is ranked 21 in Asia for Life Sciences and medicine category
In 2010: FK-UGM is ranked 23 in Asia for Life Sciences & Biomedicine
Accredited in A category by National Acreditation Board of Higher Education (BAN PT) – 2015
ISO: 9001 : 2008 Quality Management System – 2015 - 2017
The International class, Faculty of Medicine UGM, has been established in 2002. Starting 2007/2008 academic year, the FM UGM applies the Competence Based Curriculum according to the standards imposed by the Indonesian Medical Council. In Competence Based Curriculum, a doctor's competencies encompass seven areas of competence, which are:
Self Awareness and Personal Development;
Basic Medical Sciences;
Health Problem Management.
Intercalated Master Programme (IMP)*
This Program is offered for students who are able to complete their undergraduate degree in time (3,5 years) and with qualified GPA. They may continue to pursue Master Programme to our partner universities and sit back to UGM to continue their Professional Phase. The partner universities are as follows:
University of Sydney, Australia
University of Melbourne, Australia
Maastricht University, The Netherlands
University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Erasmus MC Rotterdam
Tubingen University, German
University College Dublin, Ireland
Umea University, Sweden
*The scheme of this programme is as follow:
Finished Undergraduate programme in UGM within 3,5 year > IMP to preferred university > continue Professional Phase in UGM.
This Program is obliged students to follow one elective module abroad to be converted in their 3 credit semester units which equals to 3 weeks activity (48-60 hours). Scholarships are available for selected students.
Length of Study 3,5 years
Study Load is 165 Credit System Unit (CSU)
Student Degree: S.Ked (B.Med)
Length of Study 2 years, after graduating the Bachelor in Medicine
Study Load is 44 CSU
National Exam on Medical Student’s competency (Uji Kompetensi Mahasiswa Program Profesi Dokter)
Student Degree: dr (dokter) or MD (Medical Doctor)
This is compulsory program developed by the Indonesian Medical Council for a period of one year in rural areas throughout Indonesia
Undergraduate Programme in Medicine
Faculty of Medicine UGM
Grha Wiyata Building, Jl. Farmako Sekip, Yogyakarta 55281 Indonesia
Telp.: +62 (274) 560300#704
Fax.: +62 (274) 558324
Faculty of Medicine Universitas Gadjah Mada
Jl. Farmako Sekip Utara, Yogyakarta 55281 Indonesia
Phone.: +62 (274) 560300
Fax.: +62 (274) 558846
Email : email@example.com